Effective Date: April 15, 2015
I. Information Collection and Use
What Tracking Information Does Lumenaki Collect About Me Or My Devices?
What Is Lumenaki’s Approach to Information Collected From Children?
Lumenaki does not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental consent. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained information in violation of applicable laws prohibiting collection of information from children without such consent, we will promptly delete it. For more information on Lumenaki’s approach to children’s use of the Service and our compliance with the US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), please see the section of our Terms of Service entitled, “Can Kids Use Lumenaki?”
Will Lumenaki Contact Me?
You will receive essential Service-related and account-related information..
II. Information Access and Disclosure
Does Lumenaki Share My Personal Information or Content
Lumenaki is not in the business of selling or renting your information. We only disclose your information – and then only the minimum information necessary – when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with service providers who process data on our behalf in order to operate the Service and/or complete your payment transactions; and these providers are subject to strict data protection requirements.
- We need to share your information with service providers to fulfill your product or service requests, including sales, delivery and support for certain products from the Lumenaki Market.
- We need to share your information with resellers of a service or product in order to ensure accuracy in the payment for such Service or product, the management of your account and the delivery of your purchase and related support services.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Lumenaki and users of the Service, or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on the Service, such as Facebook “Like” buttons on Lumenaki.com, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited our website, and they may combine this information with other, identifiable information they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services. For more information with additional examples, see the “Social Media Features” section of our Cookie Information page.
We do not share your account information or user activity history with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you. As described on our Cookie Information page, we contract with third-party advertising networks in order to deliver relevant Lumenaki advertisements to you across the Internet and to manage our communications with you.
What Information Does Lumenaki Share When I Share Albums with Readers and/or Contributors?
Lumenaki has a number of collaboration features, and when you use these features to collaborate with other Lumenaki users, some of the personal information you provide to Lumenaki, including your status as an Lumenaki user, may be visible to these other Lumenaki users:
- To ease collaboration between users, your First & Last Names and your Avatar could be displayed in users suggestion list when a Lumenaki user want to invite someone to read or contribute to an album and search for a name.
- If you share a Record or an Album (with readers and/or contributors), or if you join others’ album as a reader or a contributor, then anyone who has access to that Record or Album may see your user profile. (If you have not added any profile information, then you will be identified solely by the email address associated with your Lumenaki Account.)
- If you initiate or respond to a comment message, then the person with whom you are chatting will be able to view your profile.
In addition, anyone who has access to a shared Album or Record will be able to see – for each Record in that Album – the Record contents, information about where and when the Record was created, as well as the Record history, tags and reminders associated with a particular Record.
What Gets Shared When I Use Third Party Apps With My Lumenaki Account?
Does Lumenaki Access or Review My Records?
As a rule, Lumenaki employees do not monitor or view your personal information or Content stored in the Service, but it may be viewed if we believe our Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so in order to respond to your requests for support, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in our Terms of Service. Your Records also may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Lumenaki and its users, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process. We vigilantly protect the privacy of your account contents and, whenever we determine it possible, we provide you with notice if we believe we are compelled to comply with a third party’s request for information about your account.
With our Context feature, the Lumenaki Service uses a number of technologies to show you relevant content. The content we show you may include Records from your own account, Records from accounts you are connected to through Shared Albums (reader & contributor functionalities), and third party content that you have elected to receive. We believe features like these, which work automatically without any person at Lumenaki reviewing your Content, will enhance your experience using the Service.
In addition, by detecting certain actions you take in your account or specific attributes associated with your Records, we may suggest Lumenaki Products or Service features to you that we think will help you get the most out of our Service. We do not read or share the Contents of your Records with anyone for any advertising purposes.
Does Lumenaki Ever Make Any of My Personal Information or Content Public?
No. Record, however, that certain portions of the Lumenaki web sites and Service, such as user Albums designated as “public” and “published on the web” and our user forum, are open to any online viewer. Any information that you post in these locations can be read, collected and used by anyone and could enable others to send you unsolicited messages. Lumenaki enables you to determine whether or not to post personal or otherwise sensitive information to publicly accessible areas of our site, so you should carefully consider how you use the Service. Lumenaki is not responsible for any publication or use of any Personal Information you choose to post in these locations.
III. Data Storage and Transfer
Where Is My Data Stored?
When you use Lumenaki Software on your computing device, such as by using one of our downloadable clients, Content you save will be stored locally on that device. When you sync your computing device with the Service, that Content will be replicated on our servers, which are located in Ireland, Europe.
Please be aware that Personal Information and Content submitted to Lumenaki will be transferred to a data center in Ireland, Europe. If you post information to the Lumenaki sites you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and Content, being hosted and accessed in Ireland, Europe.
How Can I Access or Correct Information Lumenaki Holds About Me?
If you wish to (i) access any Personal Information that we hold about you; (ii) request that we correct or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you; or (iii) request that we not use or stop using your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at compliance AT Lumenaki DOT com. We will comply with such requests to the extent required by law or our policies, and subject to any limitations in our systems.
How Secure Is My Data?
Lumenaki is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. We use industry standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology. However, Internet data transmissions, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information during its transmission between you and us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of administrative, physical and logical security safeguards. The security of the information stored locally in the Lumenaki Software installed on your computing device is dependent upon you making use of the security features on your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use with our applications and Service.
If Lumenaki learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
V. Contact Us
How Can I Contact Lumenaki?
23 rue Denfert Rochereau
92100 Boulogne Billancourt